Friday, April 12, 2019

My Current Top 5 Beauty Products

**Get 15% off the Beautycounter products for a limited time!!**

My beauty routine sure has changed a lot over my lifetime. I was a die hard acne face wash person in my teens (even though, oddly enough, I didn't get acne until early adulthood), then I moved to Cetaphil since I thought it was cleaner, I even tried some of those infomercial face routines to help with my skin and, guess what? They'd work just long enough and then I'd go back to cystic acne, oil blotting sheets... you name it.

Almost 6 (!!) years ago I wrote this blog post on how I started out with healthier beauty products. I had been Paleo for some time, and saw improvement in my skin, but still didn't make much thought about what went on it.

Fast forward to now and I rarely break out.. and to be honest, I rarely wash my face (since I rarely wear make up!). My eating isn't 100% Paleo but by carefully choosing my products I have managed to maintain good skin for being 41 years old.

In fact, here is my "I woke up like this" face.. nothing on it except for a few skincare products from the night before that I am going to share about, right now.

Here are my current top 5 products for my face - and I am sure they will be ever changing. Make sure to keep up with me by subscribing to my emails and following me on instagram @flametofork!

Beautycounter products are 15% off right now and that RARELY happens.. if you want, skip my wordiness and just jump to the sale! 

Top 5 Beauty Products (in no particular order)

1. Fatco Myrrhaculous Face Cream - This has been my main face moisturizer for many years now. Yes, it is made with tallow, but somehow smearing fat all over my face has helped to balance out the oiliness I use to sop up with oil blotting sheets.

2. Primally Pure Charcoal Deodorant - Or really, any of their deodorants. I love that it's stick form like the toxic alternatives, but is squeaky clean.

3. Beautycounter Charcoal Cleansing Bar - This was one of the first products I tried out with Beautycounter and I was a bit hesitant. I hadn't used a bar of soap on my face in years and since I was aware of stripping oils from my face could cause oil problems, I worried this would do the same. It doesn't! I use it in the shower in the morning with my Clarisonic and it never feels overly tight once my skin is dried.

4. Beautycounter No. 1 Brightening Face Oil - A newer addition to my routine, my first reaction was "it smells so good!" I am super sensitive to smells and my nose can sniff out the tiniest amounts of artificial fragrances. But nope, it smells like fresh squeezed oranges and instantly made my skin feel so soft.

5. Charcoal Facial Mask (ie. No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask) - A little charcoal to pull out impurities, a little salicylic acid to gently exfoliate. I do this every 1-2 weeks to pull out all the junk that gets missed on a daily
basis.

This list isn't exhaustive and it's not your only options for clean beauty, so shoot me an email if you have questions, want options you can purchase in your local stores, etc. The reason I have chosen to partner with companies like Beautycounter and to recommend others is because of not just their products, but their mission. I want to know that it's not just about the bottom line, but also about spearheading a movement to remove toxins in our daily lives. If you care what you put into your body, you need to care what you put on it too!